Resource Policies and Procedures
Determination of which programs are included in the database ultimately is made by testing the program against the Help Network of Northeast Ohio Inclusion/Exclusion policy, as follows:
Principles of Inclusion/Exclusion in the Help Network of Northeast Ohio database
Eligibility for inclusion in the database is based on the following principles:
- Coverage of the database focuses on human services; basic needs, consumer services, education, environmental quality, health care, income security, individual and family life, mental health care and counseling, organizational/community services, target groups and related
- Non-profit organizations [501 (c) 3 tax-exempt], or governmental agencies providing the above services or information are eligible for
- For-profit groups are considered for inclusion if that group provides a service not available or accessible through a non-profit or governmental
- Groups offering non-restrictive service to the public such as support groups, collaborative and civic groups are considered for inclusion. Such groups are expected to show proof of continuing service for
- Providers accepting Medicare/Medicaid are considered for inclusion if they
- The database has a geographic focus of Mahoning, Columbiana and Trumbull
- If there is no local agency providing information or service, a national organization or an organization in a nearby area is considered for
- This also will pertain to agencies which provide a complete list of services, e.g. Child Care Connection, a program of Info Line, Inc., which eliminates the need to duplicate those
- Agencies are required to review and update their data annually to maintain inclusion in the data
Principles of exclusion are:
- Agencies who discriminate in providing services or in employment on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age or disability will not be
- Help Network of Northeast Ohio reserves the right to exclude any database entry that does not comply with our mission statement of. Reconsideration of any decision regarding inclusion or exclusion will be reviewed by a Help Network of Northeast Ohio Executive.
Help Network of Northeast Ohio is not responsible for the quality of services provided by any agency in the database. Every effort is made to insure that the information included in the database is as complete and accurate as possible.
Help Network of Northeast Ohio Board approved.
Original Board Approval 2003
Statement to Agencies during database review:
*Submission of your program information does not guarantee inclusion in our database nor in our print directory and/or (web-based) on-line directory. Our inclusion/exclusion policy may be requested at any time by calling our office requesting a copy. Additionally Help Network of Northeast Ohio reserves the right to edit information for brevity, clarity and content; and to publish the information in a variety of media, subject to confidentiality issues.
Reviewed and amended 12/2/2013 Reviewed and amended 11/11/2014