Founded in 1992, Mahoning Valley Dispute Resolution Services (MVDRS) is now a part of Help Network of Northeast Ohio. Its mission is to reduce the level of community conflict by mediating disputes between two or more parties.
MVDRS can help resolve:
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Civil Disputes
- Small Claims Concerns
- Neighborhood Problems
- Employer/Employee Relations
- Business/Property Matters
- Truancy Mediations
- Probate Matters
- Family Issues
- Guardianship Concerns
Under mediation, parties involved in a dispute meet together with a trained, neutral and impartial mediator to discuss the issues and generate options for resolving the conflict. When an agreement is reached, both parties commit to a Mutual Resolution Agreement.
This system offers many benefits. Mediation:
- …is scheduled quickly.
- …is confidential; the agreement belongs to the parties.
- …is free in most instances. Certain mediation costs are based on a sliding scale.
- …allows the parties to create their own solution.
To learn more about Mahoning Valley Dispute Resolution Services, call (330) 744-4244.